Absolutely true, every word--however, we have to expect that there is an
elitist attitude towards medical knowledge and that there is a degree of
possessiveness felt by physicians who had to study so long & hard & feel
entitled to elitism...and resentful of what appears to be competitive
expertise....we have to keep proving ourselves over & over.  And truth
be told, a lot of information is entirely understandable to us since we
repeatedly deal with similar pathologies and diagnoses and
therapies...we learn things, we HAVE to understand to search really well
and the wise physicians WANT us to take this on for them, serve their
needs this way--after all, in the final analysis  we mainly  get what
they apparently ask for--the building blocks of knowledge--and they must
fit these together into information, complete the analytical process and
synthesize...they trust medical technicians to assist them, nurses to
assist them, we are part of the team. Nancy from Temple