I have been asked to design a core curriculum course for our residents which will give them "everything" they need to know to have a successful residency and go out into practice with what they need to practice efficiently and cost-effectively.  Besides the obvious bibliographic and internet searching (which we have been doing for years) the GME Committee suggested Power Point, Word Processiong, etc.

Are any of you doing this in a teaching hospital setting?  What do you include?  What kind of time frame are we talking about--2 days, 2 weeks?  Is there anything else?

One of the docs said that he had heard that very soon all testing for residents would be via computer.  Do we have an obligation to  teach them how to take tests orto make them comfortable on the computer so they can do well?

Your comments and suggestions, please.   TIA

Carole
 Carole M. Gilbert
Providence Hospital
Helen L. DeRoy Medical Library