Good old Herb, I quote that article often.  He also said in that article that the National Library should be doing the document delivery, and  the trained professional librarians should be doing the lit searches.
Oh well.

Margaret Bandy, MLS, AHIP
Manager, Exempla Healthcare Libraries
Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital
1835 Franklin Street/ Denver, CO 80218
Phone 303-837-7848   Fax 303-837-7977
Email  [log in to unmask]
http://www.exempla.org
Opinions expressed are mine and do not represent Exempla Healthcare

>>> "Blobaum, Paul" <[log in to unmask]> 10/27 9:59 AM >>>
I can sympathize with Joy's frustrations about PubMed.    Every day I
keep thinking of Herb White's controversial article about 7 years ago in
American Libraries or Library Journal about librarians becoming "drawers
of water and hewers of wood".