My heart goes out to you, Richard.  I can sympathize.  After getting my
staples pulled from an ACL reconstruction, I received my first issue of
Powder Mag.  That was 6 years ago, and I still feel the ache.  Feel better!

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Meyer [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 8:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SKIVT-L] The Worst

Help. The worst has happened to me.  Playing basketball yesterday morning I
ruptured my Achilles tendon.  No skiing this year.  No walking without
crutches for 8-10 weeks.  Options for management include surgery or
conservative management (currently leaning in that direction).  This is, of
course, good news for the rest of you.  If an Achilles tendon rupture
happens to one in a thousand (not actual stats), it has happened to me, so
it wont happen to you, unless there are two thousand of you.  More
importantly, in an analogy to buying a snowblower, since I wont be able to
ski at all, it undoubtedly will be a great snow year for the rest of you.
Enjoy.

Richard Meyer