Help. The worst has happened to me.  Playing basketball yesterday morning I
ruptured my Achilles tendon.  No skiing this year.  No walking without
crutches for 8-10 weeks.  Options for management include surgery or
conservative management (currently leaning in that direction).  This is, of
course, good news for the rest of you.  If an Achilles tendon rupture
happens to one in a thousand (not actual stats), it has happened to me, so
it wont happen to you, unless there are two thousand of you.  More
importantly, in an analogy to buying a snowblower, since I wont be able to
ski at all, it undoubtedly will be a great snow year for the rest of you.
Enjoy.

Richard Meyer