Recently, Christine O'Brien from Heath, Massachusetts sent me an article
about the upcoming meeting in Mass.  Doc and Connie Hatfield have been the
driving forces behind formation of a cooperative in Oregon called "Oregon
Country Beef".  Current sales are about $10 million annually.  Doc and
Connie are wonderful ambassadors for the beef industry and have been
innovators in the area of beef marketing and production.  If you are
interested in attending, the meeting will be held on November 13 at the
First Pioneer Farm Credit, 190 Rt 9H, Claverack, Mass.  Call Tracy at
518-426-9331 to RSVP.

This is very timely relative to some of the discussion Saturday at the VBP
meeting.  I hope someone from Vermont can attend.  I have a previous
engagement that evening.  I have attached the link to the Oregon Country
Beef web site.  I truly believe that in order to flourish, the beef
industry in Vermont needs to develop into more of a single marketing group
to exploit the potential of the Vermont name.  I would be interested in
hearing your comments.

John

http://www.oregoncountrybeef.com/index.html