Unless Magic did some major brush and tree clearing on their natural
trails, a foot of new snow won't cover them. Last year I saw some saplings
that were ten feet high in the middle of a few trails. There are a couple
of natural trails lower down on the mountain (I forget trail names) that
should be skiable with a foot of new snow that are quite enjoyable. Don't
rule them out just yet. They would surely welcome the business. I don't
know how long they can keep this place open. I usually go there on weekends
because of the lack of people and no lift lines. Please try to support
Magic as much as possible so it doesn't end up on the NELSAP.ORG web sight.

                    Jay Silveira
                    <jsilveir@ZOO        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    .UVM.EDU>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: [SKIVT-L] Magic Mt. info request
                    Vermont
                    Skiing
                    Discussion
                    and Snow
                    Reports
                    <SKIVT-L@LIST
                    .UVM.EDU>

                    12/29/00
                    11:45 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Vermont
                    Skiing
                    Discussion
                    and Snow
                    Reports

Richard Meyer wrote:

> Based on the limited natural snowfall in the Londonderry vicinity so far,
> would NOT expect any natural snow trails or woods to be skiable. Even a
foot
> of snow may not make a difference.  My suggestion - go elsewhere.

Richard, thanks so much for the response, that's exactly the type of
information I was looking for.

Once again SkiVT comes through.  This was such a great example of
"SkiVTness",
that I had to send the thanks frontchannel.

Kind Regards,

J.Spin