From: "Skip King" <[log in to unmask]>

> On 28 Dec 2000, at 20:27, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
> > I kinda trust the meterologists on this list more than the networks..Is
this
> > THE storm or what??
>
> Naah.  (which, for those of us in the biz, is actually a GOOD thing,
> oddly enough).

If no one else can get to the mountain, that's fine by me. ;-P

> Figure on northern New England in the 5-8" range.  Ski areas that
> historically do well from wraparound snow (backside of a low
> passing) may pick up another 3-4" in post-storm squall activity, but
> as for this being a major dump, I don't see it happening from
> today's models.

I be a rank amateur, but I listen to some good people.

Latest model run (12Z ETA) looks to give the most New England snow southern
NH and to the bastion of evil itself, Sunday River.  Camden Snowbowl could
potentially do pretty good out of it too. I still don't understand why so
much moisture disappears and then reappears around 1am Sunday, which just
happens to put the storm at the best location to pound NH and Maine's ski
areas but leaves it little water to do it with.  Looks like the wraparound
will be way north and east -- Sugarloaf looks pretty iffy for wraparound,
Big Squaw may do better, but on Monday Big Rock should... Well... Rock.

Looks like NYC & points south are hogging the biggest snow from this one.

OTOH, the low hasn't even formed yet.  This storm is still a computer
construct at this point.  It'll be another 12-18 hours before the low even
forms.  Lots can happen.