Thank you Richard!

We did some quick measurements on material available for laboratory use
(FLUKA, Switzerland) and on caffeine extracted from coffee (13C only). The
results are more or less consistent with yours:

        FLUKA:          -40.5
        Natural:        -30.2

Our objective mainly is to discriminate medical preparations from natural
material. Very encouraging!

Best ...

        Uli Flenker
        Institute of Biochemistry