Hi Goeff

we had the same problem recently and it was due to the transformer of the
mains. in the electronic scheme EHT supply it is transformer T1 and the fuse
that was blowing was FS2. there are two coils at the entrance to the
transformer. check that the resistance on both is the same. if it is not,
then probably the transformer is dead. we bought a replacement from a
company in england, I can check their name and address if necessary.

good luck
hagit.

Hagit Affek
Environmental sciences and energy research
Weizmann institute of science
Rehovot, 76100
Israel.