Dear all,

I've got some Whatman GFF filters (25mm) of POM (bottom of the water
column) that I want to analyse for stables isotopes and elemental ratios
(delta 13C, delta15N, POC and PON).
they are kept frozen at -30°C , and the problem is to find the best method
to decabonate the filters.
In the literature, I can't find any common protocol ! Should I freeze dry
them, and after decarbonate with diluted HCl or with the vapors (fumes) of
concentrated HCl (37%)...
The problem is of course to break certain biomolecules and change the
deltas...
and that I haven't  enough money to make all the tests (which would be the
best of course !)
Waiting for any answers and advises...
Best regards

Anne Lorrain, PHD
UMR 6539, LEMAR
Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer
Place Nicolas Copernic, 29280 PLOUZANE - FRANCE
Tel: (0)2 98 49 86 78 Fax: (0)2 98 49 86 45