>Subject:      Re: First time (and second) on tele's

 However, like many "reforming-alpine" skiers, I can't quite find the
 balance in the tele position that i witness in those who really rock on
 teles......still searching for that split footed balance ..........<

Try forgetting about the lead change for a while.  Consider it to be a
distraction.  YOu turn on your edges, so concentrate on making good edge
changes and let the lead change take care of itself.  You can change the
lead early or late, or not at all.  Not at all is called the "monomark" or
"paramark" and is a very good training exercise.

This insight was a big breakthrough for me.  Also keep skiing.  Mileage
means better balance.  And have fun.