well actually, what i seem to do is stand up and parallel on my tele's, and
go "over the handlebars", cause i don't have as much forward-backward
balance, and haven't found that "for-aft" balance of the tele position.  my
wife tells me that "you're not tele-skiing", your just standing up on
teles......

get up to MRG dennis - outacontrol right now !!!

-gbc

                    Denis Bogan
                    <denis_bogan@        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    YAHOO.COM>           cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: [SKIVT-L] First time (and second) on tele's
                    Vermont
                    Skiing
                    Discussion
                    and Snow
                    Reports
                    <SKIVT-L@LIST
                    .UVM.EDU>

                    01/03/01
                    10:46 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Vermont
                    Skiing
                    Discussion
                    and Snow
                    Reports

>Subject:      Re: First time (and second) on tele's

 However, like many "reforming-alpine" skiers, I can't quite find the
 balance in the tele position that i witness in those who really rock on
 teles......still searching for that split footed balance ..........<

Try forgetting about the lead change for a while.  Consider it to be a
distraction.  YOu turn on your edges, so concentrate on making good edge
changes and let the lead change take care of itself.  You can change the
lead early or late, or not at all.  Not at all is called the "monomark" or
"paramark" and is a very good training exercise.

This insight was a big breakthrough for me.  Also keep skiing.  Mileage
means better balance.  And have fun.