Two feet of fresh powder at MRG and I manage to find a rock. What was
just a cracked and dented edge has now become a full blow wood core
exposed broken edge and sidewall. This on my prized Volkl
Crossrangers which were about to accompany me to Switzerand just one
week from today. No amount of col-polymer string in mt basement can
save these babies, but I am about to take them to the Alpine Shop for
a second opinion.

So, I have one week: do I go ahead and order my Snowrangers from Al's
Ski Barn, or do I hold out until I'm in Switzerland and scramble to
find Stockli Asteroids?