> I was at Belleayre today, after 21 inches plus of new snow.  Absolutely
> wonderful.  No plaid sightings, but had a friend of a plaid
> sighting.  Friend
> of mine turns out to know a patroller named Mike Shaw.  This is
> the same Mike
> Shaw that Marc Guido once told me about (they patrolled together at Jay).
> Small world.

I somehow missed this on the first read!!

> So, I went up to him to pass on the greetings he sent me.  I
> think his exact words were that Marc was a no-good wanna-be skier
> that still lives in Florida despite his claiming that he was going to move
back up
> north.  Of course, he said that lovingly...

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... Mike's a good guy, regardless. ;-)  In fact, AFAIK you
*did* have a plaid sighting, because the last time I checked, Shaw was a
lurker.  Don't know if he stayed subscribed to SKIVT-L after moving to the
Catskills from Waterbury, VT though.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle
black!  Compared to Waterbury, he might as well be in Florida right now.
Marc Guido, Editor & Publisher
First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine
http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com