----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Duffy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] some clarification

> It has occurred to me that I an perceived by many as a chest thumping,
> cocky little SOB. There are a lot of personality types out there and
> although I may be a bit of an odd one, I am none of the above.

        Matt,

    I take it you get this impression from some backchannel activity or word
of mouth.  I pretty much scrutinize most every post and I haven't caught any
negative vibes re: your write ups.  I could perceive that about others but
certainly not you.  Some on this list tend to gloat and attempt to humiliate
others about their differences in what they like to do or where they like to
go skiing/sliding.  I consider you the ultimate ambassador about the skiing
experience if that's any consolation.  If I didn't have a little thick skin
than I would never post about my experiences.  You are one of those
consummate skiers who gets the most out of whatever you are dealt and enjoys
it.  There are some who have publicly taken the position that "what I am
doing is the only real skiing and whatever you people are doing is stupid,
sucks and a waste of time and you are all a bunch of jerks for doing it".
That's my interpretation of the "vibes" I get from some posts.  Your stuff
is pure poetry and from the heart, don't let anyone intimidate you or turn
you off.

    Keep up the good work,
    Jimski