On Friday, January 05, 2001 8:43 PM, Mark P. Renson
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
>         My hubs are locked for the big journey tomorrow in the light snow
to ......

>         ..... Nashober Valley in Wesfidd Mass (that's Masshole for
Nashoba Valley
> in Westford Mass).  Yes, you heard right.  I'm in agony.  Since
> Thanksgiving, I've been training after work from 7 'til almost 10 once or
> twice a week to get Senior certification in OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care
for
> the National Ski Patrol) and the evaluation is tomorrow at NV while a
> powder day is goin' on in The Holy Land.
>         This has been torture - "Mahk, ovah hee-ah;  this victim's in
wicked pain
> from a broken ahm and needs to get his sh*% back togethah with yaw help"
has
> been what I've been putting up over the last few weeks at Nashober and
> WaaaaaWaWachusett in the cold darkness under snow guns with the wind
> blowing.

        Cr-r-r-runch !  I didn't pass.  It was crushing, but not surprising as I
am very inexperienced as noted by the evaluators who patted me on the butt
for a valiant effort and for coming out with everyone for a reeb afterwards
(I have my priorities, ya know).  Hey, I got some great training and my
first aid skills improved greatly.  I just gotta' go for it, again.
        What little skiing we did at Nashoba Valley was actually pretty good .....
you laugh, but it's true. Granted, they brutally groomed the living sh*t
outta' the 240 foot vertical, but there was pretty nice packed fresh snow
(a few inches fell overnight) which made for some nice soft cruising on the
I-495 Frontier.

Mark