AHEC and Outreach librarians, I have not forgotten about the proposed NAO Interest group organization.  In fact, I have collected three mission statements and would appreciate your approving them in rank order (send to my email) so we can move a step closer to our interest group becoming a reality.

1. AHEC librarians aim to facilitate access to quality health care information through educational offerings targeted to all interested parties through the adoption of technologies usable by them.

2. To enhance access to quality health care information by assessing information needs, teaching information seeking skills, and improving linkages to relevant technologies for all health care professionals through community/academic educational partnerships.

3. To enhance access to quality health care information by improving the technology, software and skills necessary for all health care professionals through community/academic educational partnerships.

Thanks to the people who submitted these. Please email me directly with your vote.  The NAO meeting in Little Rock in September, let's be the first interest group!

Remember, any AHEC center that is a member of NAO can be represented in the Librarians Interest Group.  There is no extra charge for membership.  We need 25 members to be considered, so please sign all your librarians up.

If there are any question, please contact me.

Thanks
Charlene

Charlene K. McGrath
Assistant Center Director/Library Director
SE KY AHEC
100 Medical Center Drive
Hazard, KY  41701
606.439.6792  telephone