From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of McAninch, Bridget
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tech Volumes

Are there not standard RVU's assigned for vascular and abdominal procedures
documented in the literature?  My director asked me this question this week
to justify hiring another technologist.  When determining the time for a
procedure, we should take into consideration the time for history and the
paperwork involved.  There are medical centers who are asking techs to
perform upto 14 procedures a day.  The quality has to be jeopardized, not
even mentioning the wear and the tear on the tech.