I've worked in a variety of labs with as many differing factors.  One
director insisted I spend at least an hour on a carotid exam or the patient
was being cheated.  Where I am now the "medical director" freaks out if we
spend more than 5-6 minutes on a normal carotid.  I do what I feel is best
for my abilities and the patient's care.  A lot depends on equipment,
transport, paperwork, etc etc.  You get the picture.  I don't think its fair
to accuse another tech of doing substandard studies because they do more
patients than another tech feels is the "appropriate number".  We all have
varying degrees of abilities.  Lighten up!
Coni Lucas RVT