Marc wrote:

> This brings an interesting question to mind. Other than Tucks, has there
> ever been an avalanche, natural or human triggered,  at an Eastern ski
> area? I'm not referring to true backcountry locales and I know there have
> been some slides from snowmaking (most recently was this year at Sugarloaf
> on the Narrow Gauge headwall, fortunately closed at the time). Let's
> restrict it to resorts/areas where there is a ski patrol presence of some
> type. The only one I recall hearing about was in the Loaf snowfields 4-5
> years ago. Any others anyone know of?

Believe I read the "press clipping" here on SKIVT-L a while ago (~5 years)
that a snowcat took a ride on the National headwall at Stowe. Ended up down
in trees. No real damage - just a surprised driver. Then again I may be
halucinating because I'm not seeing a reference in either our archives or
through Northern Light.

~Tom