-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Benjamin D. Bloom
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 4:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Motorola radios, avalanches, replying

Marc Guido says:

> Cool, now I'm not the only techno-dweeb on the hill! ;-)

Certainly not.  I'm just trying to figure out how I'll carry all this
stuff.  I'd like to get the 6320 as I've been considering both a radio
and a watch altimeter for a while.  Makes sense to combine where
possible.  Unfortunately, the size seems on the large size. :(

If I've got that in one pocket and my CoolPix 950 in the other pocket...
it's rather constricting.  Gotta find a better system.  I've seen
coaches using a chest harness for their radios - any pointers on a
vendor?

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a good hip-pack.  I've got a
Camelback with a considerable amount of storage - but none of it is
accessible without taking the pack off.  Has anyone used the hip-pack
hydration systems?  Any reviews?

What are others out there using to carry all the necessities while
skiing? For that matter, what do you carry on you regularly?  If I'm at
a big mountain and can't easily access my pack in the lodge (like I can
at MRG), I'm likely to carry a Gerber tool, face mask, camera, (radio
eventually), and would like to have a little water on me.  Pockets on my
jacket/pants just don't seem well placed and designed to carry that
stuff.

-Ben