-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Beales [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

the objectification of women in general in this instance patently
reprehensible...   Not the mention its focus on 'librarian as female,'
which is also a stereotype.

Such programs make us visible only in the most damaging of ways.  I
believe they add to the public's perception that we are not
professionals.  Do you see doctors, lawyers, IT people, or CPAs
engaging in the denigration of their own professional standing?  Why
do we?