We are a small one person medical library, and we use a digital lock system
so that docs can access the library after hours.  They are given the
combination to the lock when they go through orientation and it's posted in
the medical lounge for those who forget.  They do use the library at night
because they leave materials out for me to put away.  I agree that
physicians have to have access after hours.  They are our primary reason for
being here.  As much as I hate to say it, I think a certain amount of loss
is just a fact of life.  We do what we can to prevent it, but in order to
offer the services we need to offer to be effective, they are going to
occur.  And yes, JCAHO does want to know whether 24 hour access is
available.

Pat Wilson
St. John's Regional Medical Center
Joplin MO 64804