Good morning everyone.  I was just asked by our HR department to find out
whatever I can about paying exempt employees for time off. At the present exempt
employees here are mainly managers and directors. They are paid for a full day
even if they are only here 1 hour. For example if my director came in in the
morning and became ill after an hour or so she would be paid a regular 8 hours
and not have to use any PTO, sick hours. The hourly employees, or non exempt,
use PTO anytime they have to leave early or need a day off. HR is looking to see
if this is standard practice. My guess is they are trying to make sure this
policy is valid and if not chage it accordingly. I'm not even sure how many
places have exempt and non exempt employees and of course the terminology could
be different. Please answer me directly at the e mail below so as not to clutter
the list. I will e mail directly anyone else wishing to know the answer. Thanks
for your input.

Colleen Spagnola
Rush North Shore Medical Center
Carl Davis, Jr., Library