I heard a mildly interesting story this morning on NPR's morning edition
about Internet backbone traffic congestion. It mentioned Akamai's approach
to solving the problem, and also mentioned a "free utility" called
Neotrace that would plot a network route graphically.

I found the website for NeoWorx, which publishes a number of utilities:

 o NeoTrace Express - the free route mapping util
 o NeoWatch Pro - geographical traceroute with integrated whois and ping
 o NeoWatch - Personal Firewall and Intrusion Detection system

I may give NeoWatch a try. Has anyone had any experience with this company
or its products?

--Geoff