For one thing, 2.4 ghz cordless phones and x10 devices have been
bad for our Airport hub, slaughtering transfer rates.

Before I did much of anything, I'd talk with Randy Spooner and the
wireless task force about your needs/plans. One thing to remember
is that any heavy media and large files in general will have a hard
time with the bit rates of the current mainstream wireless systems
- but you could keep that activity on ethernet connected machines
I suppose.

-Harley

--
Harley W. Blake III