... and it's yet another reason to be professional and civil  (not just
polite) in our replies and differences of opinion!

On the other hand, we must remember that the databases collected by
google, Alta Vista, etc. are ALL selective. (Exactly how is a trade
secret.) If one really wants to search for something posted to
MEDLIB-L the MEDLIB-L archives are a more comprehensive source. I'm
not surprised that the posting I made to MEDLIB-L just after the
bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City can be found in
several of them. However, most of my postings (and everyone else's
) are not in Google, Alta Vista, etc.  We've bocome so used to
calling them "search engines" that it's easy to forget what they
allow us to search. None of them gives us access to "The Whole
Internet".  When a client wants to believe that they do, I suggest
that they look for something (anything) on the CNN site or the
Weather Channel site.

Michelynn McKnight
Adjunct Instructor, Database Searching
University of Oklahoma and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign