>Can anyone offer advice on a systematic way (or any way) to obtain
>articles that are published in scientific sessions or symposia as
>abstracts?  I use Medline to search for the articles by author, title,
>etc.  to see if I can find where the paper has actually been
>published.  However, I have not had much success.  Any advice would be helpful.

NLM will be collecting meeting abstracts in collections that can be
searched using the NLM Gateway.  See
http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/gw/Cmd?GMBasicSearch#system for descriptions of
the collections found in the NLM Gateway.  Currently, there are three
collections of meeting abstracts.

-----
Chris Shaffer, Technology Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Greater Midwest Region
Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago
[log in to unmask]     http://www.nnlm.nlm.nih.gov/gmr/
312-996-2464 (voice)     312-996-2226 (fax)