A grateful thank you to Lisa McCormick, Pat Tharratt, Valerie Rankow, Susan
Lee, Nancy Gilly, and Ruthann Gildea for their suggestions and even the one
offer to do a psychlit search, if I needed it.  I found good general
information on the  topic but statistics on the number of pain cases caused by
emotions remained illusive. Suggestions on where to look included:
1.  Find a study done on the number of physician office visits for specific
pain.
2.  See textbook Pain  by Patrick Wall.
3.  Use CINAHL to find a pain survey instrument.  Limit to statistics.
4.  Limit pain to a specific diagnosis, organ or system, or age group.
5.  Do a psychinfo search.
6.  Use northernlight.com

Katherine Vargo
Coordinator, Organizational Library Services
Christ Hospital School of Nursing
176 Palisade Avenue
Jersey City, NJ  07306
Tel:  201-418-7044