I checked out this website by looking at Peripheral Neuropathy. (I am a
P.N. sufferer and know a lot about it.) The information was poor at best
and harmful at worst. Trauma is NOT the major cause, diabetes is. Trauma is
way down the list. As for the medications suggested, there is no mention of
the two most commonly prescribed and most effective, gabapentin (Neurontin)
and tricyclic antidepressants (mainly, Elavil). The site refers people NOT
to the Neuropathy Association but to a book (albeit a great one). Hmmm.

If this is typical of their coverage, I not only would NOT recommend it to
my readers (medical librarians) but would urge them to steer clear. (And I
wrote Dynamic Medicine telling them this. I will let you know if I get a
response.)

In the meantime, I urge you to look at it yourself--critically--and to rely
on other, more authoritative sites like the NIH.

At 02:58 PM 04/14/2001 -0400, Tanya T. Feddern wrote:
>Hello.  This is one of my most favorite sites:
>
>Dynamic Medicine
>http://www.dynamicmedical.com
>Urge users to use the onsite search engine--for some reason, the directory
>listing is not as good.  Registration is free.  I always demonstrate the
>site by looking up asthma.  At the top, the date an annotation of the most
>recent entry is given.  Entries are backed up extensively with citations
>to peer-reviewed medical journals, and whenever possible, the direct link
>to the article is given.
>
>Take care,
>
>Tanya
>
>Tanya Feddern, MLIS, MOT
>http://welcome.to/occupationaltherapy.com
>Reference & Education Services Librarian
>University of Miami School of Medicine
>Louis Calder Memorial Library
>---------
>[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Judith A. Siess
INFORMATION BRIDGES INTERNATIONAL, INC.  /I\B/I\
Author of The SOLO Librarian's Sourcebook (ISBN 1-57387-032-3)
Publisher of The One-Person Library: A Newsletter for Librarians and Management
477 Harris Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44143 USA
phone: +1-216-486-7443, fax: +1-216-486-8810, [log in to unmask],
www.ibi-opl.com

***OPL is now available electronically for only US$69.00 per year!!***