Quoth Benjamin Kulas <[log in to unmask]>

|The GoS Ski Trail finishes at the south end of the Pinkham Notch parking lot (
|aka opposite end as Tuckerman Trail).  It is also the route to use if you want
| to hike/skin/be-pulled-by-poodle up to the gulf.

Isn't there a network of trails (old trails) linking Hermit Lake and
the GoS?  I remember seeing a few tin can lids here and there around
the woods near the base of Hillman's, and one old account talked about
hiking trails connecting the upper Sherburne (Windy Corner?)  to the
upper GoS trail, hitting the Boott Spur trail somewhere in between.

With so many people on the Tuckerman-Sherburne superhighway, I can see
lots of terrain getting overlooked.

-Matt
http://www.mit.edu/~reagan/outdoor.html