Also note the graph yielded by plotting the sum total of all daily snow depths for each year. While the meaning of this might not be intuitively obvious to the casual observer, this metric in essence is a measure of the "area under the curve" for each yearly snow depth graph. Or, in other words,  an approximation of the integral of f(x)dx for x= Sept to July  where f(x)=linear function which defines the snow depth for that year.

Some random researcher wrote to me a couple of years back (email since lost to the bit bucket) suggesting that this was a more robust indicator of snowpack, since years where the snow was deep for a long period of time score high. Essential we want f(x)=D, where D is a constant > 0. Such a function models the depth of snow on a glacier.

Here's the sorted list of Big Deep Long Lasting snows:

+----------+------+
| total    | year |
+----------+------+
| 17265.00 | 1968 |