>   It has to leave you wondering what's going on with skiing these
>days.

Alas, it's what the mass market wants.  It's why companies like Intrawest are so successful at what they do - they tune into the desires of the greatest number of potential customers.  It's why Okemo succeeds.  Etc., etc., etc.  Trust me, folks, most of us on this list are in a frighteningly small minority.

People don't want to expend any more effort than they have to, whether it's at work, walking to the base lodge from the parking lot, or playing on the slopes.  Why do so many folks take an elevator for one floor instead of the stairs?  NSAA really understood the mass market mentality when they stated that the primary competition for the skier's dollar is Disney and cruise ships.  Hate to admit it, but it's got to be fact.  Skiing has become leisure rather than a sport, and Tremblant is perhaps the most shining example of this that I've ever stumbled across.

Marc Guido
Editor and Publisher, First Tracks!! Online
http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/