  I used to ski at Davos quite a bit (prior to it becoming Big Vanilla) At
the time it seemed like quite a big ski area and I thought it was very cool
that the parking lot and base lodge was on top of the mountain. (I guess
that would necessarily mean it was not a big area.) Anyone know of any other
mountains with the base at the top?? Petersburg Pass on Route 2 in
Massachusetts is now defunct but it seemed to have its base lodge in the
middle. You could ski down or ride a lift up from the base.

In any case that was the first place I ever skiied an expert slope which was
marked with a Blue Circle back then (not the modern Black Diamond). There
were 3 identical slopes on skiers left that were expert and they definitely
seemed very steep to me.