Kor Kiley  <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I've been to Aspen two or three times as well as driving all around the
area
> during the summer.  However, the last time I was there was about 1966!

Me too- been there more recently than '66 though- a very overdone ski town,
but still a great skiing mountain. I s'pose I looked a bit out of place in
my duct-tape patched shell pants, my $20 10 year old K2s and touring tele
boots, but I was there to ski, not to fit in with the folks who own winter
palaces that they visit a week or two per year. Aspen Highlands is pretty
cool too, as is a lot of the backcountry shots in the 'hood.

I hacked out a trip report from my last trip to the Aspen backcountry, still
on-line with pics at:

http://www.telemarktips.com/Hutstory.html

dana

_____________ ________ __