Yes, I can replicate this error on Windows 2000 Professional, Service
Pack 1.  I have killed all non-essential services and applications, and
the problem still occurs.

There are no fixes posted at the ssh.com web site, but I have submitted
a bug report to them.

If you tend to run multiple sessions, you may want to stick with the 2.4
client which is still available at:
http://www.uvm.edu/software/distribution/windows/clients/ssh/
and in the ftp archive at ftp://ftp.uvm.edu/pub/ssh/

-Greg MacKinnon