Dear Colleagues:

Our hospital is interested in putting together a stroke code team/response
unit/protocol for patients who are in the hospital for another diagnosis and
who end up having a stroke, similar to a Code Blue.  MEDLINE and CINAHL
searches yielded a great deal on stroke units and teams, but not the
emergency response to acute strokes occurring to non-emergency department
inpatients.   I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have
experienced this type of request or if your hospital has such a code stroke
team.   Many thanks in advance.

Michaele Robinson
Medical Librarian
Scripps Mercy Hospital
4077 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, California  92103-2180
Voice:  619-260-7024     Fax:  619-260-7262