You might be able to purchase a single volume through one of the book
distributors. I think I was able to order 1 volume through Majors a
number
of years ago. I am at home right now, but if you want to pursue this and

need more information, I can provide on Monday. You can contact me at
work
at [log in to unmask]

Susan Jones
St Joseph Regional Medical Ctr
PO Box 816
Lewiston ID 83501
----------------------------
Try an out of print book dealer. Here are the web sites of two:
abebooks.com
alibris.com

Ramune Kubilius
Collection Development / Special Projects Librarian
Galter Health Sciences Library
Northwestern University

I don't have time today to check the currency of these URLs. Please let
me know
if any of them no longer work.
vgr

Some suggestions for Out of Print, Used and Rare Books
revised, July 24, 2000

Abracadabra Booksearch International
http://www.abrabks.com/

Add All - Book Searching & Price Comparisons
http://www.addall.com/

Advanced Book Exchange
http://www.abebooks.com

Alibris Used, Rare, & Hard-to-Find Books
http://www2.alibris.com/

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com

Best Book Buys - Comparison Shopping
http://www.bestbookbuys.com

Bibliofind
http://www.bibliofind.com

BookCloseOuts.com
http://www.bookcloseouts.com/

Book Hunter Press - Used book Lovers Guides
http://www.booksellersolutions.net/~bhp/cgi-bin/bhp.cgi

BookFinder
http://www.bookfinder.com

Bookshop - UK
http://www.bookshop.co.uk

Bountiful Books
http://www.bountifulbooks.com/loverlinks.htm

Brown Technical Bookshop
http://www.brownbookshop.com

Classbook.com  (new and used textbooks)
http://www.classbook.com/classbook/default.asp

Follett efollett.com New and Used College Textbooks
http://efollett.com

Powell's Books
http://www.powells.com

UHR Books -  Old & Rare Books in Nursing, Medicine, Surgery, Public
Health,
Epidemiology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Virology, and Infectious
Diseases
http://www.uhrbooks.com/

United States Book Exchange
http://www.usbe.com/

Directory listings:

Booksearching
http://www.fpba.com/fpbabookinfo/bksearch.html

Yahoo Out of Print Books
http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=out+of+print+books

Yahoo Antiquarian, Rare & Used Books
http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Companies/Books/Shopping_and_Serv

ices/Booksellers/Antique__Rare__and_Used/

Others
        A-Albionic Research - e-mail [log in to unmask], 313-891-4058
        BookLook - 1-800-223-0540
        Finders Keepers Out of Print Book Search for Libraries,
                voice (409) 283-2643  fax (409) 283-3386
        Tattered Cover - 1-800-833-9327

Valerie G. Rankow, MLS, AIIP
Professional Information Services
Research, Writing & Consultation
And the response from Harcourt:
Hello,
   I will double check but I am almost sure the only way the text is
sold
is in a set. Ifthis is so what I can do for the doctor is get him/her
the
CD_ROM for $120.00 instead  of the normal price of $299.00.
Thanks to everyone!

Gentry Holbert, MLIS
Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Library
Mobile, AL  36652