> "Good morning from the summit of Mount Washington.
>High pressure continues to build this morning, providing cooler and
>drier conditions throughout all of New England. In fact we have already
>broken our daily record low this morning bottoming out at 30 F

  Meanwhile, out on the left coast....

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT...CORRECTED NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
SEATTLE WA 650 AM PDT FRI JUL 27 2001.

SNOW LEVEL IN THE MOUNTAINS DROPPING THIS WEEKEND...AN UNSEASONABLY COOL AIR  MASS WILL MOVE INTO WESTERN WASHINGTON OVER THE WEEKEND.
THE SNOW LEVEL IN THE MOUNTAINS WILL DROP FROM AROUND 12000 FEET FRIDAY...TO 7000 FEET SATURDAY AND TO 6000 FEET SUNDAY. HIKERS AND CLIMBERS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR NEAR OR BELOW FREEZING TEMPERATURES
AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS...AND SOME LIGHT SNOW DOWN TO 6000 FEET.

  (sigh)

  - Randy
 -