On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Dana Dorsett wrote:

> You need a bag to carry just a lonely 1-iron? Can't you just duct-tape a
> basket on it and use it as a ski pole instead, following the Malczyk
> ski-gear fashion rules? :-) C'mon man, think outside the box!

sure a 1-iron will work on exposed ridges and peaks, but when in
short-dense trees a fairway wood is the way to go and in/on krummholz a
short-iron is a must.  a pitching-wedge or a lob-wedge works well on
knife-edges and a putter is a must for cliffs.

don't worry, my ski poles are mismatched too.

--Matt K.