On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Mark P. Renson wrote:
> Montana is "The White Death" by McKay Jenkins.  Some of it has a
> few minor factual inaccuracies, but it is a good read.  It centers

Tell me about it. For a whole chapter he kept calling carabiners pitons,
then switched to the right definition two chapters later. Good read, but
he spent a lot of time talking at length about details that I have already
read about ad nauseum in the Avalanche Handbook. I felt like a career
fisherman reading "The Perefct Storm". Also didnt think he had a real
grasp on why climbers take risks, and just what risks were acceptable and
unacceptable to the average mountaineer. You could tell he wasnt much of a
climber. It was a good book none-the-less, I never realized people
actually bothered to climb that rabbley junk up there in Glacier.

Jerm