What!!!!  Anybody who is anybody skis on Northlands.  At least they did in
the early 50s.  My first pair of real skis were Sears J. C. Higgins, ca.
1953.  They were a solid piece of wood (no laminations) made with a router
and had no steel edges and no plastic bottoms.  (It was called Plastic in
the beginning, P-tex came much later.  If I had to choose between those US
made products and my Stockis or Volkls, I'll take the foreign imports,
thanks.