>I say the first one to get a butt planted on a barstool at the >Matterhorn
>wins.

On this note,  how about from the top of the single to the MRG Barn,  find
it if you can ?  Branches and pine needles in the collar can be a deduction
from your time.

From: Jeremy Malczyk <[log in to unmask]>

 > As a completely non-competitive ski enthusiast I hate to say it, but
 > this sounds like fun. Of course, to be officially sanctioned by the
 > SkiVt-L Home Office, all meets would have to be held on Vermont soil.
 > Bruce (just where would we mark the finish line? Matterhorn?), Tear

I say the first one to get a butt planted on a barstool at the Matterhorn
wins. Free-for-all start, Chinese downhill style, from the top of the
Nose, down the old Nosedive DH course start, bang a right onto Bruce all
the way to the bar. That's a veritable VT Inferno -- 4+ miles and almost
3100 vertical feet, none of which is wider than about 30 feet. I'm sure I
could get  Erin to volunteer to watch the bar and identify the winner in
the likely event of a photo finish.

 > Drop, Steeple, Cotton Brook.

What about the Woodward? Maybe Jim could pull some strings and get an
event like this organized. It would be way cooler than the Stowe derby,
especially if the leader has to break trail...

Jerm