Jacket and Scarpa stuff on sale at REI 73% - 98% offLeigh Daboll Leigh
Daboll writes:

>Hey thanks Peter!  I am now the proud owner of a pair of Scarpa Tambo
Randonee
>Boots for $102.00.  Now, whrer can I get some bindings and skis?

I hope you factored in that Scarpa tends to use British, not US foot sizing.
Telemark-Pyranees.com probably has the best retail pricing on AT bindings,
although they can sometimes be beat on ultra closeouts elsewhere.

>Will the "industry standard" Dynafit bindings work on these boots or do I
need Scarpa specific bindings?

Dynafit is not the industry standard (although their system is ultralight,
and pretty good.) The Scarpas will work fine with all of the Silvretta and
Fritschi, etc bindings, but not the Dynafit binding. Dynafit boots seem to
work with other folks's bindings though.

>Lightweight 175-185 cm mid-fat ski recomendations anyone?

The Atomic TourCarv is pretty light (and won't break the bank), but shop
around- them French foam-cores like the Bandit X or ATV are pretty light,
tour nicely. Look for something that doesn't have a built-in riser though,
especially if you intend to use the Fritschi bindings, which may have issues
with the touring release not making it onto the riser on some models.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop