Jonathan Shefftz <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Much as I hesitate to correct anything Dana writes:

That flaming argumentative blowhard Dana, dana's evil twin?  }8-)

> >Dynafit boots seem to work with other folks's bindings though.
>
> The exception is the Dynafit 4/4S, which does not work w/ Fritschi, but
> does work with the Dynafit binding or the Silvretta 404 & 500 (and maybe
> also 505 & 555, but I'm not sure on that).

Seems most Silvrettas can work with damn-near any boot designed to go into
any binding, but Fritschi in their stab at DINness may have left themselves
less flexible- they don't work with my Koflach mountaineering boots, for
instance (the boot has too much rocker, and the heel isn't  standard DIN
height. I can jam it in there, but I'd be loathe to ski on it that way.)
Sounds like you have specific knowledge about Dynafit 4/Fritschi issues, but
I'd be surpised if they didn't work with Silvrettas, 'ceptin' the 555, which
doesn't work with _any_ boots. (OK- OK-   it works with DIN type AT boots
but has issues similar to the Fritschis. :-)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop