I got my notification and order forms for the annual Ski Council passes yesterday.  Anyone looking to ski in Canada this winter should check these out, as the prices are unbeatable.  However, they sell out super quick, as you'll see below.  As a plus, the passes are tax deductable as a charatible donation.

Some info:

1.  There are five levels of passes, although Level #1 ("The Whistler Pass") is sold out every year before the passes even get to the general public <darn>

2.  Passes are sold in books of 20 tickets (#5 is sold as a 15 ticket book), good every day of the season in the areas as listed below.

#2: Every area in Canada except Whistler
$40 CDN/ticket (~$26 USD)

#3: Every area in Canada exceptWhistler/Louise/Tremblant
$28 CDN/ticket (~$18 USD)

#4: Over 100 areas including Whitewater, Castle, Le Massif, Stoneham, Orford, Owl's Head etc.
$23 CDN/ticket  (~$15 USD)

#5: Over 60 more remote or smaller areas
$17 CDN/ticket (~$11 USD)

The best deals I think are the $23 or $28 packages, although the former does not include Sutton for use at Swampfest III. When you think about it, anytime you can get a twenty ticket flex pass for $300USD its a steal.  The only catch is that these things have to be ordered, like NOW, or at least by August 15.

Its just a thought, but if we travelled to Kicking Horse Resort and/or Panorama in BC (ie: rather than Whistler), we could ski for $18USD/day)..........and Calgary may be cheaper airfare than Vancouver.............

Leigh