From: Penka Stoyanova [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 10:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CHAT Re: article of possible interest

Another reason for incorrect citing is: many people cite without looking at
the original article. They just use somebody else's citing. What I mean is
person B cites person/article A and makes a mistake. Person C cites
person/article A taking the incorrect citation from person/article B. I
remember that one of my professors in Library School mentioned that there
are studies that analysed this type of incorrect citations.

Penka

Penka Stoyanova
Credit Valley Hospital
2200 Eglinton Avenue West