From:   Anna Ercoli Schnitzer [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, August 17, 2001 11:03
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        CHAT Re: article of possible interest

Hi!

Yes, valuable if very gloomy information, and, ironically, in this age of
computerization with its ease of copying/pasting, checking and e-mailing
citations, these errors in citations are still with us.  I know that once upon
a time, scientists cut and pasted references, literally, on actual little
pieces of paper (my family has always been in the scientific
writing/publishing business, and I remember watching them at work) in order to
compose a bibliography, so if mistakes occurred then, it seemed more
understandable.  But now?  This process has become so easy with our current
technology. I just don't understand the reasons for so many mistakes.

Best!

Anna Ercoli Schnitzer
Information Services
Taubman Medical Library