On 31 Aug 2001, at 0:02, Leigh Daboll wrote:

> Too bad.  They are ideally positioned to operate jointly with Winter
> Park on a two-area pass.  Personally, I think it may more to do with
> parent hill Sol Vista's recent Brazillian real estate troubles and
> their lack of cooperation with other area resorts regarding joint
> marketing.
>
> Leigh

Withough knowing anything about Berthoud or its parent, I
wouldn't be so sure.  Other smaller areas in Colorado have also
complained about the impact to their attendance from these
passes.  Worth noting that the principal of RRC Associates, a
Colorado-based research form that does the annual study of the
industry and attendance figures for the National Ski Areas
Association by RRC associates, made a point in his presentation
to the industry's annual convention that these passes are most
likely damaging long term.

skip